While the Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival is the blockbuster on the Port Angeles waterfront, this weekend also provides a lot more intimate art, songs and theater encounters. Here’s a sample of the particulars.
• The 20th once-a-year CrabFest spreads across Town Pier, the Purple Lion Hotel parking good deal and the Gateway Pavilion, all at the foot of Lincoln Road in Port Angeles. Under tents and canopies, the festival is open up 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. these days and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday with totally free admission.
Vendor booths, live tunes and huge amounts of seafood are all there together with spaced-out tables and other security protocols. Information, such as the audio program, is located at crabfestival.org.
• “Chasing Shadows” is the new artwork exhibition open up to the general public at the Port Angeles Fantastic Arts Middle, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. A members’ preview — and you can develop into a member at the doorway — happens from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today then a community reception operates from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The total exhibit stays on display, with free admission, by means of Nov. 14.
Nearby artists from across the North Olympic Peninsula are between the 31 contributors to “Chasing Shadows,” whose artwork encompasses the playful to the dark. For far more about “Chasing Shadows” and associated things to do as a result of October, see PAFAC.org.
• Jazz artist Dmitri Matheny, lately voted Northwest Jazz Instrumentalist of the Calendar year in Seattle’s Earshot Jazz Golden Ear Awards, delivers his flugelhorn and his band to the Cellar Doorway, 940 Water St., Port Townsend, tonight.
With guitarist Milo Petersen, bass person Phil Sparks and drummer Mark Ivester, Matheny will move up at 8 p.m. A go over is charged.
• Totally free papel picado artwork kits are obtainable to children age 5 to 18 at the Vern Burton Local community Centre parking ton, 308 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles, on Saturday.
The Port Angeles Farmers Market will choose position there just this weekend while the CrabFest makes use of the Gateway Pavilion. The Juan de Fuca Basis for the Arts (JFFA) is web hosting this Market place Art activity from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with tables for on-website artmaking as very well as kits to consider dwelling. See the Juan de Fuca Foundation’s Fb site for specifics.
• A black-and-white photography exhibit fills Studio Bob, upstairs at 118½ E. Front St., this weekend.
Neighborhood photographer Ernst-Ulrich Schäfer invited mates Thompson Holmes, Richard Kohler, Phillipe Tauran and Susan White to share their work in this exhibition their visuals occur from the Peninsula, Alaska, the East Coast and France. The public is invited to see it all during free of charge receptions from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and midday to 3 p.m. Sunday.
• “The Savannah Sipping Society,” a comedy about four ladies rediscovering it is hardly ever much too late to make new aged good friends, has its ultimate a few performances this weekend. Curtain time is 7:30 tonight and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Port Angeles Local community Playhouse, 1235 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles, exactly where proof of complete vaccination is expected. Tickets are $15 typical and $8 for students at pacommunity players.org.
Jefferson County senior reporter Diane Urbani de la Paz can be arrived at at 360-417-3509 or [email protected] news.com.