The University of Rochester’s International Theatre System returns to in-person performances this tumble as it presents Aaron Posner’s Silly F*cking Chicken, opening Thursday, December 2, in the new Smith Theater at the Sloan Doing Arts Center. The production is the program’s 1st to be held in the new overall performance room.
The participate in is an award-winning fashionable adaptation of Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull, featuring memorable figures sure with each other in complex adore triangles. Nigel Maister, the Russel and Ruth Peck Creative Director of the theater plan, calls Posner’s operate a “perceptive, amusing, and believed-provoking modern day engage in.”
Maister also serves as the show’s scenic designer. Costume design and style is by Rodrigo Munoz lighting layout is by Emma Deane audio design and songs is composed by Obadiah Eaves and Alexa Scott-Flaherty serves as voice and acting mentor.
Showtimes and tickets for Silly F*cking Chicken
- Thursday, December 2 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, December 3 at 7 p.m. Totally free tickets are offered for University students for this functionality (Institute for the Executing Arts Night time)
- Saturday, December 4 at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 5 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 8 at 7 p.m. Free tickets are available for University of Rochester students for this performance (English Division Evening)
- Thursday, December 9 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, December 10 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 11 at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $8 for College of Rochester learners with ID card $12 for faculty, staff members, alumni, and seniors (65+) and $15 for normal admission.
- Get tickets on-line. You can also get tickets at the Common Current market at Wilson Commons or at the Sloan Center’s Box Office environment (just one hour ahead of the curtain).
COVID-19 protocols: All viewers associates have to be masked at all times. Proof of vaccination is expected at the doorway for all non-College of Rochester school, staff members, and college students. Audiences are seated with frequent seat spacing.