AKRON, Ohio – Summit Artspace will host Akron Artwalk, a quarterly celebration of learning via the arts, March 11 from 4-8 p.m.
The absolutely free celebration will be held at Summit Artspace, 140 E. Market place St., and other venues all over Akron’s Historic Arts District. Featuring the concept “Art Connects Us!,” Summit Artspace’s resident artists and sellers will supply artwork and handmade objects for sale and the gallery will be open for website visitors.
ArtWalk highlights at Summit Artspace include things like:
- An open up residence featuring pupil performances and artwork by visual artwork pupils at Miller South College for the Visual and Executing Arts (Akron General public Universities)
- Artwork for sale by student artists in the Nationwide Art Honor Modern society chapter at Akron Faculty of the Arts/Firestone CLC (Akron Community Colleges)
- Art things to do led by college students in the College of Akron’s arts education method in the Mary Schiller Myers College of Artwork
- Fall-in hours for Summit Choral Society’s new studio and classroom space
- Pop-up theater performances by youth from the Genesis Encounter Theatre
- Area Andrew Izold will perform are living audio in the Taylor Principal Gallery to complement the “Fresh” exhibition. Regional bands Strings Hooked up, Bout Time and Celtic Flux will also carry out all through the evening on the third flooring.
ArtWalk highlights at other areas involve:
- The Akron Art Museum will be open up until 8 p.m. and is offering a paid workshop with regional artist Megan Younger impressed by the “More is More” exhibition from 6-8 p.m.
- The Akron Summit County General public Library will host a free live performance that includes the Joe Augustine Jazz Trio in the Most important Library Auditorium from 6:30-8 p.m.
- The Nightlight Cinema will be enjoying “Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom” at 5:30 p.m. and “Writing with Fire” at 8 p.m.
- In the Northside District, the Northside Cellar will be open until finally 5 p.m. and Zeber-Martell Gallery and Clay Studio will be open up till 6 p.m.
- From 8:30-11:30 p.m., Jilly’s Music Space will host band Mo’ Mojo, which performs Zydeco music infused with Americana, Cajun, reggae, rock & roll, funk, R&B, African and Latin rhythms.
- Musica will present a live performance featuring Free Black!, JT’s Electrik Blackout and Jean P The MC. Doors open up at 8 p.m. and the concert commences at 9 p.m.
Parking for ArtWalk will be out there in the whole lot between Summit Street and Broadway Street, which is available from Mill Avenue (but not Sector Road).
Want far more Akron information? Indicator up for cleveland.com’s Rubber City Update, an email newsletter delivered at 5:30 a.m. Wednesdays.